EGGCELLENT EASTER RECIPE
Here at team titan we thought it would egg-sta nice to post a recipe to celebrate egg-cellent Easter! Our recipe will be in keeping with the easter theme and is... Easter traybake!
This recipe is inspired by BBC Goodfood.
For the cake:
- 150ml sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
- 165g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 165g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the icing:
- 100g milk chocolate
- 200g butter, softened
- 400g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
For the topping:
- 100g Chocolate Easter treats!
Step 1 (baking the tray bake):
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Oil and line a traybake tin, about 20 x 30cm, and 5cm deep.
- Put the oil, sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Sieve over the flour, cocoa and bicarb, and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, and bake for 20-25 mins until the cake is well risen and springs back when pressed.
- Leave to cool completely.
Step 2 (making the icing):
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof/microwavable bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 secs.
- Leave the melted chocolate to cool for 5 mins.
- Mash the butter and icing sugar together.
- Sift in the cocoa and pour in the melted chocolate, a pinch of salt and the milk
- Mix again until smooth.
- Spread over traybake.
Step 3 (decorating!):
- Scatter the cake with easter treats!