Team Titan's Halloween Special Egg-spress Recipe #4 🥚
Titan's *Halloween special* Egg-spress Recipe!
With Halloween well on the way this year, Team Titan has found the spookiest egg recipe around!
Deviled Egg Eyeballs
This is a spooky twist on a classic.
12 large free-range eggs
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 tsp English mustard
1 tsp sea salt flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp boiled hot water
12 Black Olives
Red food colouring (you will need a toothpick to decorate with!)
1. Use a large saucepan to boil some water (make sure its big enough to put all your eggs in!)
2. Once boiling, add the eggs into the pan one by one. Once boiling for 1 minute, turn the heat off and leave the eggs to stand in the pan for another 12 minutes.
3. Whilst the eggs are cooking, fill a large bowl with very cold water (with some ice cubes if you have any!). Once the 12 minutes is up for the eggs, spoon them out of the hot water into the bowl of cold water. Leave these for 15 minutes and peel them gently afterwards.
4. Once all peeled, halve the eggs lengthways and carefully take out the yolks with a spoon. Place all the yolks into a mixing bowl (these will be your pupils!).
5. Add the mayonnaise, English mustard, salt and paprika (plus the hot sauce if you want!). Stir and mash together with a fork before placing into a food processor (alternatively, you can use a stick blender). Add the oil and blend until smooth - if this is too thick add the hot water to make a better consistency.
6. Using a spoon, scoop some of the yolk mixture back into the hollowed out boiled eggs - distribute evenly between them.
7. Time to decorate! Using a toothpick, dip this into a small amount of red food colouring and decorate the egg whites with vein-like lines.
8. Finally, place a black olive on each of the yolks - these will be your irises!
Today's fun fact: Chickens dream when they sleep and can literally sleep with one eye open - an evolutionary adaptation which lets them watch for predators whilst they slumber!
Stay safe & happy clucking.